发表于 2013-9-20 17:31:15 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多家长,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转家长易社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
2011年武汉市初中毕业生学业考试英语(4)
四、阅读理解(共15小题,每小题2分,满分30分)
  阅读下列材料,从各题所给ABCD四个选项中,选出一个最佳答案。
A
  Perhaps the only test score that I remember is the 55 when I was in high school.
The test was the final for a course. I remember waiting anxiously as my teacher Mr. Right passed out our papers one by one. It was a rather difficult test. I heard my classmates groaning, and I could tell by the groans that the scores weren’t looking good.
   Mr. Right put my paper on my desk. There in big red numbers, circled to draw attention, was my score, 55!
I lowered my head, and covered the score up quickly. A 55 is not something that you wanted your classmates to see. “The scores were not very good, none of you passed,” Mr. Right said. “The highest score in the class was a 55.”
  A 55. That’s me!
  Suddenly my sad look didn’t look so bad. I had the highest score. I felt a lot better.
  I walked home alone that day with the low but high score. My father knew that I had a big test that day and asked me as soon as I got home, “How did you do in your test” “I made a 55,” I said.
  A frown(皱眉)now stood on my father’s face. I knew I had to explain immediately. “But Dad, I had the highest score in the class,” I proudly stated. I thought that explanation would make a difference. “You failed!” my father replied. “But it’s the highest!” I insisted. “I don’t care what scores others had, but you failed. What matters is what you do!” my father firmly said.
For years, my father was always that way. It didn’t matter what others did, it only mattered what I did and that I did it excellently.
We often don’t understand the wisdom (智慧)of good parents until we ourselves stand in the parents’ shoes. My father’s words have carried me through out life.
  56. The word groaning is the closest in meaning to_____.
    A. singing   B. laughing    C. complaining    D. quarreling
  57.In class, to hide my score from my classmates, I _____.
    A. lowered my head     B. covered my score up
    C. walked home alone    D. explained immediately
  58.A frown stood on my father’s face because he thought _____.
    A. I did a bad job in the test      B. I gave a good excuse
    C. I became the worst student     D. I stood in his shoes
  59.We can infer from the passage that _____.
    A. the father was strict with his child.
    B. the writer was always poor in tests.
    C. Mr. Right was worried about the writer
    D. the writer was always happy with his scores
  60. Which is the best title of the passage
    A. The Final Test       B. That’s Me!
C. My strict Teacher     D. Scores, Important
分享到:  QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|网站地图|家长易论坛 ( 鄂ICP备16011226号-1  点我聊天

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 02:00