楼主
发表于 2013-6-28 16:44:13 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多家长,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转家长易社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
本帖最后由 David 于 2013-6-28 16:47 编辑
四、阅读理解(共20小题,计30分)
A
For many people the subject of hiccups () is a joke, but for Harry Mendes, a fifteen-year-old schoolboy from Birmingham, it was something quite different.
His hiccups began one Sunday lunch time and continued day and night for two weeks. After the first week, Harry's parents took him to hospital, but it took another week for the doctors to cure his attack.
Harry, who is now back at school, described what happened to him.
“When I began to hiccup, I drank a glass of water but that didn't do any good. That evening I had hiccups every four seconds. We tried everything to stop them. I held my breath and drank cold drinks. My father even tried to give me a shock but that didn't work either.”
After a week of sleepless nights, he went to hospital. The doctors took an X-ray of his chest but they couldn't find anything wrong.
“They gave me some medicine and my hiccups slowed down, but it was another week before the medicine worked completely and my hiccups stopped.”
Harry was very lucky. The world record holder is the American farmer Charles Osborne, who hiccupped for sixty-eight years. He stopped in 1990 at last, but nobody knows why.
(  ) 56. Harry's hiccups lasted ____.
   A. a week        B. fourteen days  C. twenty-eight days      D. one month
(  ) 57. His hiccups started after he ____.
   A. drank a glass of water                                    B. went to hospital
C. ate an Indian meal                                  D. finished his homework
(  ) 58. His parents decided to take him to hospital when he ____.
   A. hiccupped for four seconds                     B. held his breath
   C. hiccupped at night                                   D. couldn't stop hiccupping
(  ) 59. His hiccups completely stopped one week after the doctor ____.
    A. gave him some medicine                       B. took an X-ray of his chest
C.gave him a shock                                  D. let him drink cold drinks
(  ) 60. What does “shock” in this passage mean
A.震惊                B. 休克               C. 喷嚏                D. 哈欠   
B
Come and see the Indian elephants and the new tigers from America. The bears are waiting to meet you, and the monkeys from China are waiting to throw things at you. The lovely dogs from Australia are waiting to laugh at you, and the giraffes from Zambia are waiting to look down on you.
Tickets
Grown-ups:$2.00
ChildrenOver 12 1.00 Under 12 Free
Opening time  9:00 a.m.— 4:00 p.m.
Except Friday 10:00 a.m. — 3 :00 p.m.
Keep the zoo clean
    Do not touchgive food or go near the animals.
(  ) 61.How many kinds of animals are talked about in the passage
A. Four               B. Five.        C. Six.  D. Seven.
(  ) 62.Now Mr. Smith is in the zoo with his two sons, one aged 14 and the other 10, how much are the tickets together
    A. $4.00       B. $2.00       C. $3.00         D. $1.00
(  ) 63.Which of the following is the visiting time
A. 8:30 a.m. Monday                 B. 9:30 a.m. Friday
        C.3:00 p.m. Sunday                  D. 5:00 p.m. Tuesday
(  ) 64.From the passage we can guess the animal “giraffe” must be very _______.
A. fat            B. long          C. strong        D. tall
(  ) 65.Which of the following can we do in the zoo
    A. To give some food to the dogs.       B. To touch the monkey on the head.
    C. To throw things everywhere.          D. To take a few nice photos.
C
Experts say that students usually need eight to ten hours’ sleep at night, but most Chinese students do not get enough sleep. Some Chinese parents are usually glad to see their children studying late. They will think their children work very hard, but not all parents are happy about this. Once a mother told us that every morning her 10-year-old boy put up one finger with his eyes still closed, begging for one more minute to sleep. Like thousands of students “early birds” in China, he has to get up before six every morning.
     A report shows that without a good night’s sleep, students seem to be weaker than they should be. Many students have fallen asleep during class at one time or another. Too much homework is not the only reason why students stay up late. Some watch TV or play the computer games late into the night.
    Experts have ever said that the students should develop good study habits. So some clever students never study late, they are able to work well in class.
(  ) 66. The 10-year-old boy begged for more minute to sleep because __________.
A. he didn’t have enough sleep    B. it wasn’t time for him to get up
C. he didn’t want to go to school   D. he wanted his mother to wake him up
(  ) 67. In this passage we know if students don’t get enough sleep, they may ________.
A. become too weak to sleep      B. not work well in class
C. go to bed early               D. be weak in English
(  ) 68. In this passage “early birds” means “persons who ______________”
A. get up early   B. get up late    C. sleep less   D. don’t want to sleep
(  ) 69. “Stay up late” here means “_____________”
A. study late  B. watch TV late C. not go to bed until late  D. stay outside
(  ) 70. According to the passage, which of the following is right?_________
A. If you want to study better, you must work hard at night.
B. Sleeping less means working hard.
C. Some clever students are able to work well in class because they have good study habits.
D. Students don’t have enough sleep because they have lots of homework to do.
分享到:  QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖
沙发
发表于 2013-6-29 21:58:29 手机用户 | 只看该作者
好资科,谢谢分享
板凳
发表于 2013-8-21 13:17:50 | 只看该作者
谢谢楼主分享,很受用!!!
地板
发表于 2013-8-30 11:53:18 | 只看该作者
  这个阅读还不错啊
发表于 2013-9-21 15:38:16 | 只看该作者