[英语] Best four years:泰勒•斯威夫特催泪新单《Ronan》背后的故事

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-9-13 12:32:57 | 只看该作者 |只看大图 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多家长,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转家长易社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
泰勒·斯威夫特的最新单曲《Ronan》一如既往地在刚已发行就占领各大榜单榜首,与前不同的是,这是一首献给已经去世的癌症小男孩罗南的感人作品。当泰勒在公益电视节目上首次演唱该曲时,无数人都心碎了。
Taylor Swift broke down as she performed her chart-topping new single 'Ronan' on Friday night.
泰勒·斯威夫特周五晚演唱其榜首新单曲《Ronan》时情绪接近崩溃。
But even more emotional was the mother of the beautiful, blue-eyed four-year-old whose heart-breaking battle with cancer inspired the star's hit song.
但心情更为激动的是歌里所唱的小罗南的母亲。罗南是一个有着漂亮蓝色眼睛的四岁小男孩,他与癌症病魔抗争的故事令人心碎,也因为他才有了泰勒的这首金曲。
'I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. I'm surprised I wasn't on the floor bawling,' Maya Thompson said after watching the performance during a Stand Up 2 Cancer telethon.
“屋里的每一个人都热泪盈眶,我很惊讶自己没有坐到地上放声大哭。” 玛雅-汤普森刚看完《站起来对抗癌症》公益募捐节目里的表演,这样说道。
Swift's lyrics were based entirely on a blog Thompson, 33, starting writing in August 2010, when her son Ronan was diagnosed with neuroblastoma.
斯威夫特的这首歌曲是基于33岁的汤普森从10年8月开始记录的博客而创作的,她的儿子罗南在那时被诊断出了脑瘤。
Her bubbly, wide-eyed little boy fought the illness for nine months before passing away in May 2011, just three days before his fourth birthday.
这个讨人喜欢的大眼男孩与病魔抗争了九个月,2011年五月份离开了人世,去世时再过三天就是他四岁的生日。
Thompson used the blog as a way to work through her grief at the loss of her child, something she describes as 'the worst thing that could happen to a family.'
汤普森希望能通过博客来安抚她失去儿子的悲痛,她在博客中描述这是“这个家里从未有过的悲剧”。
The mother, who has nine-year-old twin boys and another baby due in April, met Swift in October 2011 when she was invited to the singer's concert in Phoenix.
目前有孕在身的汤普森(宝宝明年4月出生)还有一对九岁大的双胞胎儿子,2011年10月份时她曾受邀参加斯威夫特菲在尼克斯的演唱会,在那里她见到了这位歌手。
'She had been reading my blog for a while and heard that Ronan had passed away,' Thompson told AZcentral.com. 'And she was just devastated by it.'
“她一直都在看我的博客,并且听说了罗南去世的消息。” 汤普森这样告诉AZcentral网站的记者,“她悲痛欲绝。”
But Thompson was unaware quite how much Ronan's story had affected the singer until she received a surprise voice mail from her.
但在收到泰勒的语音邮件之前,汤普森都没有意识到罗南的故事竟会那样触动这位歌手。
'My calmness soon turned to complete and utter frozen shock when these words came out of her mouth. 'I wrote a song for Ronan,' she wrote on her blog.
她在博客上写到:“ 泰勒跟我说:‘我要为罗南写首歌’,当从她口中听到这句话时,我完全惊呆了,根本无法平静。”
'The tears started pouring down my cheeks as soon as I heard her say those words. But her words didn't stop there. Not only did she write a song for you, but she wanted to know if it would be alright to perform it on the nationally televised show.'
“听到这些话的时候我的眼泪止不住地往下淌,但她不是说说而已,她不仅为你写了歌,还希望我们能够允许她在全国性的电视节目上演唱这首歌。”
Friday was the first time the mother heard Swift's tear-jerking dedication to Ronan. 'It was pretty emotional,' she said, adding that hearing her own words set to music was 'kind of like reliving it again, but it's something I'll probably always relive.'
上周五是这位母亲第一次听到斯威夫特演唱这首献给她儿子的催泪曲目。“真的很感人”,她还表示,听到自己所写的东西被写进歌曲里唱出来,“就像是再次经历了那件事,不过大概今后我也会不断重复这段体验吧。”
Swift was clearly shaken while she performed the song at the telethon, accompanied only by a finger-picking guitar. 'I remember your bare feet down the hallway,' she sang.
斯威夫特在节目上演唱时就抱了一把吉他,但很明显她一直在颤抖。“我忘不了你光着脚在走廊上奔跑”,她唱道。
'I remember your little laugh, race cars on the kitchen floor, plastic dinosaurs, I love you to the moon and back.' 'She took my words and tweaked them in the most beautiful way,' Thompson said, tears welling in her eyes. “
“我忘不了你浅浅的笑容,我厨房的地上玩着你最爱的赛车和玩具恐龙,我对你的爱宛如往返月球那样的长涟。” “她把我的文字用最美丽的方式表达出来了,” 汤普森说到这里,泪如泉涌。
The song is available on iTunes where it is topping the charts, replacing another Swift hit, 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.' Proceeds from those sales are going 100 per cent to cancer-related charities.
这首歌现在是iTunes上的冠军歌曲,取代了之前斯威夫特的另一首新单金曲《We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together》。这首歌曲的所有收入也将全部捐给癌症想关的慈善机构。
'I've been pinching myself ever since,' Thompson said of the ballad's popularity, which has also driven more people to her son's charity The Ronan Thompson Foundation.'It's ... putting a face to childhood cancer that we didn't have before. Nobody wants to talk about childhood cancer. It's too sad. But the sad thing is there are 46 kids diagnosed a day and seven of those kids will die a day.
“我一直在不停地掐自己,” 汤普森谈到这首歌的受欢迎程度。这首歌也让更多人关注以她儿子命名的慈善机构The Ronan Thompson Foundation。汤普森说:“这让很多人第一次开始注意到儿童癌症的问题。没有人愿意谈论儿童癌症。这太让人伤心了。但更伤心的是每天都有46个孩子被诊断出癌症,而未来这群孩子中每天有7个会离开我们。”
'It's sad that no one wants to pay attention to that. And I think now that she's taken this stand, it's just going to do incredible things for the awareness.'
“虽然很难过人们不愿意去提起这个问题,但我想,现在她(斯威夫特)站了出来,为了引起人们的关注,她做了一件了不起的事情。”
分享到:  QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|网站地图|家长易论坛 ( 鄂ICP备16011226号-1  点我聊天

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 05:08