马上注册,结交更多家长,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转家长易社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
华中师大一附中2012年高中招生考试
文科综合测试冲刺题
时间:60分钟   满分:75分
一、选择题(本题共35小题,共60分)
I.完形填空(共20小题,每小题1.5分,共30分)
This is my third story. When Iwas 17, I read a quote that   1   something like, “If you live each day   2   it was your last, someday you’ll mostcertainly be right.” Since then, for the past thirty-three years, I’velooked   3   themirror every morning and asked myself: “If today were thelast day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?”And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a   4  , Iknow I need to change something.
About a year ago I was   5   and found to have cancer. The doctors told methis was almost certainly a type of cancer that is incurable, andthat I should   6   tolive no longer than three to six months. They advised me to go home and get my   7   in order, which is doctors’ codefor “prepare to   8  ”. Later that evening when the doctors   9   the cells taken from my pancreas (胰腺) under a microscope, they started cryingbecause it turned out to be a very rare form of pancreatic cancer that is   10   with surgery. I had the surgery and, 11  , I’m fine now.
Thiswas the closest I’ve been to facing death, and I hope it’s theclosest I get for a few more decades. Death is the   12   we all share. No one has   13   escaped it. And that is
  14   it should be, because death is verylikely the single   15   inventionof life. It’s life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make   16   for the new. Your time is   17  , sodon’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma (信条) — which is living with the results of other people’sthinking. Don’t let the noise of   18   opinionsdrown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to   19   your heart and intuition (直觉). They   20   already know what you truly want to become.Everything else is secondary.
1. A. said               B. described           C. went                 D. expressed
2. A. unless            B. as if                  C. even if                     D.as long as
3. A. in                 B. at                            C. through             D. on
4. A. row               B. minute                     C. sense                 D.word
5. A. connected      B. infected             C. affected             D.examined
6. A. want             B. dream               C. expect               D.imagine
7. A. duties            B.businesses          C. affairs               D. life
8. A. work             B. start                  C. talk                   D.die
9. A. looked           B. viewed              C. realized             D.noticed
10.A.curable        B. possible             C. acceptable         D. suitable
11.A.carefully      B. thankfully         C. anxiously          D. hopefully
12. A. possession    B. destination         C. expectation        D.position
13.A. ever            B. even                 C. never                D.still
14.A. when           B. while                C. as                     D.since
15.A. better          B. worst                C. worse                D.best
16.A. use              B. time                  C. trouble                     D. way
17.A.endless        B. repeated            C. countless           D. limited
18.A.others’         B. others               C. anyone’s            D. some others
19.A. listen           B. follow               C. take                  D.accept
20.A.however      B. whatever           C. somehow           D. somewhat
【解  析】
1. 文章第二句谈到了作者在十七岁时读到了一句引言,接下来谈到了引言的内容。go用于引出要引用的话,故选C
2. 空格前一分句是一般现在时,句意为“你度过的每一天”;空格后一分句是一般过去时,句意为“它是你的最后一天”。由此可见,此处表示与现在事实相反地虚拟语气。分析选项连词:as if(好像;仿佛)引导虚拟语气unless(除非)引导条件状语从句;even if(即使)引导让步状语从句;as long as(只要)引导条件状语从句。只有B符合句子逻辑关系。
II.阅读理解(共15小题,每小题2分,共30分)
A
Onceupon a time, there were two sheep. One was a small sheep, so small. It has asoft voice—baa! The other was a big sheep, so big. It has a loud voice—BAA! Thetwo sheep are brothers.
Everyday, Big Sheep and Small Sheep would go out to the fields to play together andto look for grass to eat. One morning, as always, the two sheep went out. BigSheep and Small Sheep gambolled (跳跃) outto the fields to look for grass to eat. Now it has not been raining for manydays and most of the grass had dried up.
BigSheep and Small Sheep gambolled for a long time but they could not find anygreen grass to eat. Their feet were tired and they could no longer gambol. Sothey walked. They walked and walked from morning until afternoon but there wereno green grass. As far as they could see all the green grass had become brown.
Thesun was getting hotter. Big Sheep and Small Sheep were tired, hungry andthirsty. But they continued walking and soon they came to a river. They loweredtheir heads and lapped up some water with their tongues.
WhenBig Sheep lifted his head, he saw a small green patch under a tree. Hegambolled over to the tree. It was a patch of green grass. “BAA, BAA!” heshouted to Small Sheep to come over. Both Big Sheep and Small Sheep were veryexcited. But the small patch of grass was a very small patch. It was justenough for one sheep. What should they do? Who should eat the small batch ofgreen grass? “BAA, BAA! Go ahead and eat it. I am not very hungry,” said BigSheep and he began to move away. “Baa! Let us share the green grass,” saidSmall Sheep. So Big Sheep and Small Sheep shared the small patch of smallgrass. They gamboled joyfully all the way home.
21. What can we learn from last sentencein the second paragraph?
A. Ithas rained for long.
B.All the grass is dry.
C.The two sheep like to eat dry grass.
D.It is hard for the two sheep to find green grass.
22. What did the two sheep do whencoming to a river?
A. Theyhad a good rest and went home.
B. Theyslept for they were tired.
C. Theylowered their heads and drank some water.
D. Theyate some brown grass.
23. What did Big Sheep do when he foundthe green grass?
A. Heasked Small Sheep to eat the green grass.
B. Heasked Small Sheep to share the green grass.
C. Heate the green grass by himself.
D. Hetold Small Sheep to take the green grass home.
24. After the two sheep shared the smallpatch of small grass, they felt .
A.envious
B. sad
C.happy
D.bitter
25. What should be the best title forthe passage?
A. Big Sheep and his grass
B. Sharing with one another
C. Sheep like grass
D. Looking for grass
B
How would you like to sleep withone half your brain asleep and the other half awake? Dolphins sleep this way.Recently, scientists at Indiana State University have discovered that duckssleep this way too. They found that ducks sleep half awake so they can rest andwatch for danger at the same time.
After putting their ducks in arow and videotaping them, some researchers found that ducks on the end of eachrow spent more time asleep with one eye open, apparently looking for predators.
“The more the ducks feltthreatened, the more they slept with one eye open,” said lead author Niels CRattenborg, a graduate student at Indiana State University, Terre Haute. “Theunique aspect is not that they do it, but that they control it. When they sleepat the edge of a group, they tend to realize greater danger, so they spend moretime sleeping with one half of their brain.” Ducks with one eye open were stillawake enough to detect predators, said the authors of the study, which appearstoday in the journal Nature.
The researchers studied fourgroups of four ducks held in plastic boxes, which were arranged in a row. Duckson the end were found to sleep with one eye open 31.8 percent of the time,compared to 12.4 percent of the time for ducks in the central position.
Also, ducks in the centralposition did not open one eye more than the others, while ducks on each endkept the eye facing away from the group open 86.2 percent of the time. Brainwave readings of the ducks showed that the half of the brain receiving signalsfrom the closed eye indicated that half of the brain was sleeping. Signals fromthe half of the brain receiving signals from the open eye showed a statebetween fully awake and asleep.
26.It was discovered that .
A. most people would liketo be half asleep
B. ducks sleep half awake
C. dolphins sleep ontheir way
D. ducks have differentsleeping habits from each other
27.The word “predators” in Paragraph 2 are most likely to be .
A. animals that hunt, killand eat other animals
B. human beings who lookafter and feed ducks
C. scientists who doresearch work on animals
D. animals that arelikely to be friends with ducks
28.Ducks at the end of each row sleep with one eye open because .
A. they are looking forfood
B. they want to enjoy thescenery
C. they are watching outfor danger
D. they are unique intheir sleeping habit
29.How many ducks were studied in the experiment?
A. Four.
B. Eight.
C. Twelve.
D. Sixteen.
30.Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Ducks on the northernend of a row would keep their eye facing the south open.
B. Ducks with less senseof duty usually choose to stay in the center of a row.
C. Ducks with one eyeopen at the edge can still enjoy a certain degree of sleep.
D. A video tape recorderwas the only electronic device used in the experiment.
C
Theworld is filled with smart, talented, educated and gifted people. We meet themevery day. A few days ago, my car was not running well. I pulled it into agarage and the young mechanic had it fixed in just a few minutes. He knew whatwas wrong by simply listening to the engine. I was amazed. The sad truth is,great talent is not enough.
I amconstantly shocked at how little talented people earn. I heard the other daythat less than 5 percent of Americans earn more than $100, 000 a year. Abusiness consultant (顾问) whospecializes in the medical trade was telling me how many doctors and dentistsstruggle financially. It was this business consultant who gave me the phrase,“They are one skill away from great wealth.”
Thereis an old saying that goes, “Job means ‘just over broke (破产)’.”And unfortunately, I would say that the saying applies to millions of people.Because school does not think financial intelligence is intelligence, mostworkers “live within their means”. They work and they pay the bills.Instead I recommend to young people to seek work for what they will learn, morethan what they will earn.
When Iask the classes I teach, “How many of you can cook a better hamburger thanMcDonald’s?” almost all the students raise their hands. I then ask, “So if mostof you can cook a better hamburger, how come McDonald’s makes more money thanyou?” The answer is obvious: McDonald’s is excellent at business systems. Thereason so many talented people are poor is because they focus on building abetter hamburger and know little or nothing about business systems. The worldis filled with talented poor people. They focus on perfecting their skills atbuilding a better hamburger rather than the skills of selling and deliveringthe hamburger.
3l. The mechanic is mentioned in thefirst paragraph to show that .
A. heis just one of the talented people
B. heis ready to help others
C. hehas a sharp sense of hearing
D. heknows little about car repairing
32. The underlined part in the thirdparagraph can be best replaced by “”.
A.spend more than they can afford
B. doin their own way
C. livein their own circle
D. livewithin what they earn
33. Why do talented people earn solittle according to the author?
A. Theydon’t work hard enough.
B. Theylack financial intelligence.
C. Theydon’t make full use of their talents.
D. Theyhave no specialized skills.
34. The success of McDonald’s lies inits .
A.skills at making hamburgers
B. goodbusiness systems
C.talented workers
D.excellent service
35.The main purpose of the author is totell us .
A. howyoung people can find a satisfactory job
B. whatschools should teach students
C. whyso many talented people are poor
D. howMcDonald’s makes much money
二、短文填词(共15小题,每小题1分,共15分)
完整试卷
华师大一附中2012年高中招生考试文科综合测试冲刺题.doc (109.5 KB, 下载次数: 1)
分享到:  QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|网站地图|家长易论坛 ( 鄂ICP备16011226号-1  点我聊天

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 13:01