马上注册,结交更多家长,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转家长易社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
华中师大一附中2011年高中招生考试
英语真题
时间:60分钟    满分:75分
一、选择题。(本题共35小题,共60分)
I.完形填空。(共20小题;每小题1.5分,共30分)
It wasJune 15, and in two days I would be   1   thirty. I was not feeling comfortable about enteringa / an   2   periodof my life and feared that my best years were now   3   me.
My dailyroutine (日常事务)   4   going to the gym for a workout   5   goingto work. Every morning I   6    see my friend Nicholas at the gym. He was seventy-nineyears old and in good   7  .
As I greeted Nicholason this particular   8  ,he noticed I wasn’t full of my usual
  9   and asked if there was anything wrong. I toldhim I was feeling    10   about the fact that I was on the   11   ofgoing to be thirty. I wondered how I would look back on my life once I reachedNicholas’   12  ,so I asked him, “What was the best time of your life?”
Withouthesitation (犹豫),Nicholas replied, “Well, Joe, this is my answer to your question. When I got myfirst job and had responsibilities and   13   paid for my efforts, that was the best time ofmy life. When I met my wife and   14   in love, that was the best time of my life.The Second World War came, and my wife and I had to   15   awayfrom Austria to   16   our lives. When we were together and safe on aship for North America, that was the best time of my life. When we came toCanada and   17   a family, that was the best time of my life.When I was a young father,   18   mychildren grow up, that was the best time of my life. And now, Joe, I amseventy-nine years old. I enjoy my   19  ,I feel good and I am still having a wonderful relationship with my   20   just as I was when we first met. This is thebest time of my life.”
l. A.turning           B. having                     C. making             D. preferring
2. A. bad               B. old                   C. great                 D.new
3. A.behind           B. beyond              C. beside               D. without
4. A.caught           B. contained          C. included            D. related
5. A.after                     B. before               C. when                D. as
6. A.could            B. should               C. might                D. would
7. A. size               B. shape                C. weight                     D.length
8. A.evening         B. time                  C. day                   D. moment
9. A.spirit             B. energy                     C. strength             D. mood
10. A.empty          B. high                  C. excited              D. anxious
11. A. tip               B. point                 C. edge                 D.centre
12. A.situation      B. age                   C. condition           D. day
13. A. got                     B. left                   C. held                  D. laid
14. A.sank            B. lost                   C. drop                 D. fell
15. A. run              B. take                  C. keep                 D.stay
16. A.build           B. save                  C. get                    D. guide
17. A.gained         B. opened              C. started               D. performed
18. A.watching      B. knowing            C. realizing            D. hearing
19. A.mind           B. belief                C. health               D. business
20. A.nation          B. family               C. children            D. wife
【解  析】
1. turn意为达到或超过某年龄或时间”;have意为“拥有”;make意为“做”;prefer意为“喜欢”。从本段第二句可知再过两天作者就30岁了,所以选A
2. 由上文作者要三十岁了可知他的人生将进入一个新的阶段(a new period),所以选D
3. 由上下文可知作者害怕自己最美好的岁月成为过去;be behind sbbehind指“(时间)成为过去”;beyond指“(时间)超过,晚于”;所以选A
II.阅读理解。(共15小题;每小题2分,共30分)
A
Dogs andrabbits have highly developed senses (感觉) of smell and touch. They communicate with each other by usingpheromones (外激素). And the sensitive hairs on their faces help the animals to findtheir way in the dark.
The hippo (河马) also uses its mouth for communication. Here, with mouth wide open,it is warning another hippo and saying “Go away!”
Lionscommunicate with their whole bodies, but especially with their faces. They canshow anger, fear, and happiness. Lions also make different noises that meandifferent things. Lions have very good noses. Their highly developed sense ofsmell gives them information about animals nearby, especially other lions andlionesses. A long time ago the “king of beasts” lived in northern India, theMiddle East, and even in Europe. Today, the lion lives only in Africa, and inone nature park in northwest India. In fact, there are very few lions left inthe world. In the past, hunters killed them and kept their heads and skins.Nowadays, lion hunting is strictly controlled.
The frogis an amphibian, which means it can live on land and in water. It doesn’t haveany teeth. This is because frogs catch mainly soft animals like worms andsnails. So why is a frog’s mouth so big? Perhaps because it is like a sound-boxfor communication. Frogs can “sing” and make many different sounds. The malefrog on the leaf is calling to the female frogs in the water. He attracts themby croaking (嘎嘎叫). But heis not alone. Hundreds of other male frogs are croaking with him. They soundlike small motorbike engines.
2l. Dogs can find their way in the evening, because _____.
A. theycan see the road
B. theirhearing ability is good
C. theyare familiar with the road
D. theyhave sensitive hairs on their faces
22. Which of the following is not true?
A. Thehippo uses its mouth to communicate.
B. Lionscommunicate with their whole bodies.
C. Thefrog can live on land as well as in water.
D. Lionsmake different noises meaning the same things.
23. Nowadays we may find the lion living in the wild only in _____.
A.southern India                 B. theMiddle East
C. Europe                            D. Africa
24. A frog’s mouth is very big so that it can _____.
A. havemuch food               B. make loud noise
C. attractfemale frogs          D. communicate withothers
25. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. Huntinganimals should be strictly controlled.
B. Humanbeings should try our best to protect animals.
C. Animalshave different ways to communicate with each other.
D. Animalsare so clever that they can communicate with human beings.
B
“Let theworld know China and Let China know the world.” I can’t remember exactly whereI have seen this slogan in Beijing. Considering the simple fact of the wishpeople have for learning foreign languages and the number of people goingabroad each year, everyone can tell how hard China and Chinese people are tryingto know the world. But I didn’t know how equally (相等地) important and hunger it is for theworld to know China until I came to the UK.
In theself-introduction during our first class in a Ph.D course, when I told them Iwanted to finish the degree as soon as I could and then go back to China, theBritish students looked at me in both surprise and disbelief. Their idea isthat everybody including the Chinese of course, who comes to the UK will stayhere to look for a better life and that this is the only place where one canfind a better life.
When Iasked my friend for advice about buying a new car, she looked at me, asking mein surprise: “A new car?” Later I found out that her surprise was because ofthe popular image (形象) ofChinese students: either too poor or too economical (节约的).
When weChinese students for the first time joined the monthly performance hour of thedepartment and sang some traditional songs and with a short humorousintroduction, all the teachers and students were surprised. To them, Chinese studentsare so serious and shy. These ideas have been because of the fact that Chinesestudents are sometimes not seen in the students.
So “letthe world know China” should no longer remain an empty slogan. It is somethingwe all should do, home and abroad, and something we should do with confidenceand openness.
26. In British students’ opinion, Chinese students come to the UKmainly because _____.
A. they want to get aBritish degree
B. the British educationstandard is much higher
C. theywant to know more about Britain
D. theywant to look for a better life in Britain
27. The general image of Chinese students in British students’mind is _____.
A. veryrich                         B. very common
C. veryhumorous                 D. very poor or economical
28.The British students think Chinese students were serious and shy becauseChinese students _____.
A. werealways shy
B. didn’thave much money
C. didn’tshow themselves bravely
D. couldn’tcommunicate with them
29. According to British students’ idea, which of the following isnot true?
A. Chinesestudents are shy and serious.
B. Chinesestudents can be seen everywhere.
C. ManyChinese students are poor or economical.
D. Mostforeign students come to Britain for a better life.
30. By writing the passage, the writer wants the reader _____.
A. to beas humorous as possible
B. to stopfollowing the empty slogan
C. not tobe too poor or economical
D. to showourselves with confidence
C
What istime? Is it a thing to be saved or spent or wasted, like money? Or is itsomething we have no control over, like the weather? Is time the same all overthe world? That’s an easy question, you say. Wherever you go, a minute is 60seconds, an hour is 60 minutes, a day is 24 hours, and so forth. Well, maybe.But in America, time is more than that. Americans see time as a valuableresource. Maybe that’s why they are fond of the expression, “Time is money.” BecauseAmericans believe time is a limited resource, they try to conserve and manageit.
People inthe US often attend seminars (研习会) or readbooks on time management. It seems they all want to organize their time better.Professionals carry around pocket planners (记事本), some in electronic form, to keep track of appointments anddeadlines. People do all they can to squeeze (挤) more life out of their time. The early American hero BenjaminFranklin expressed this view best: “Do you love life? Then do not waste time,for that is the stuff life is made of.”
ToAmericans, punctuality (准时) is a wayof showing respect for other people’s time. Being more than 10 minutes late toan appointment usually calls for an apology, and maybe an explanation.
People who are running late often call ahead to let others knowof the delay. Of course, the less formal the situation, the less important it isto be exactly on time. At informal get-togethers, for example, people oftenarrive as much as 30 minutes past the appointed time. But they usually don’ttry that at work.
Americanlifestyles show how much people respect the time of others. When people plan anevent, they often set the time days or weeks in advance. Once the time isfixed, it takes almost an emergency to change it. If people want to come toyour house for a friendly visit, they will usually call first to make sure it is convenient. Only very close friendswill just “drop by” unannounced.
Also, people hesitate to call others late at night for fearthey might be in bed. The time may be different, but most folks think twiceabout calling after 10: 00 pm.
31. Why do Americans think that time is money?
A. They believe money can raise their social status.
B. They consider time as a valuable resource.
C. They want to earn a lot of money in their life.
D. If they want to earn money, they have to spend a lot oftime.
32. Pocket planners are kept for people who _____.
A. are in the habit of keeping notes
B. want to manage time much better
C. have too many things to deal with
D. are easy to forget their appointments
33. What does the underlined sentence in the last paragraphmean?
A. A fixed time should never be changed.
B. We can change a fixed time as we wish.
C. It will take people some time to change a fixed time.
D. We shouldn’t change a fixed time unless something importanthappens.
34. Which of the following is wrong according to the passage?
A. People shouldn’t call others late at night.
B. At informal get-togethers, people often arrive late.
C. If you are late for an appointment, it doesn’t matter.
D. When people plan an event, they often set the time beforehand.
35. The best title of the passage is _____.
A. Punctuality IsImportant
B. Time in Americans’Eyes
C. Time Is Different inAmerica
D. Time Is More ImportantThan Money
二、短文填词。(共15小题;每小题1分,共15分)
完整 试卷
华师大一附中2011年高中招生考试英语真题.doc (107 KB, 下载次数: 1)
分享到:  QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|网站地图|家长易论坛 ( 鄂ICP备16011226号-1  点我聊天

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 08:38