马上注册,结交更多家长,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转家长易社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
武汉外国语学校2011年高中招生资格考试
英语真题
满分:40分     时间:40分钟
第二部分 单项填空(共10小题,每小题0.5分,满分5分)
从各题所选的四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
21.If you sit in _____ front of the bus, you’ll have _____ better view.
A. / ; the                B. / ; a                   C. the; a                D.the; the
【答  案】C
【解  析】本题考查冠词,in the front of…意为“在……的前部”in front of...意为“在……的前面”,题干意为“如果你坐在车子前面”,很明显是车子内部的前面,所以排除ABhave a good view固定搭配,意为“看得很清楚”,have abetter view意为“看得更清楚”,所以选C
【标准答案】2.21#0.5#1#4#C
【难易度】4
【关键词】九年级、初升高、择校、武汉外校、真题、选择题、单选题、冠词、定冠词、不定冠词、in the front ofin front ofhave a good viewhave a better view
22.   Would you mind playing against his former teammates?
—_____. He is willing to play against any players.
A.I think so                                      B. I’m not surprised      
C.Of course                                      D. Not likely
【答  案】D
【解  析】likely意为“可能,或许”(通常与very, most, quite连用,表示“很有可能”;与not连用表示“不太可能”);此句问的是“在不在意……?”根据答语“He is willing to …他愿意……)”可知回答应该是“不在意”,所以可用Not likelyNot at all回答。
【标准答案】2.22#0.5#1#4#D
【难易度】3
【关键词】九年级、初升高、择校、武汉外校、真题、选择题、单选题、情景交际、交际用语、邀请和约会、Not likely
23._____ that’s important is that you have done your best.
A. One                  B. All                     C. Everything         D.Anything
24.It’s said that young people under the age of 18 and _____ less than 40kg can’tjoin the army.
A. be weight          B. to weigh            C. weight                     D.weighing
25.   Honey, let’s go out for dinner.
—_____ I don’t have to cook.
A. Forget it.           B. That’s great!      C. Why?                D.Go ahead.
26.   Is everyone here?
—Not yet. Look, there _____ the rest of our classmates.
A. come                B. comes               C. is coming          D.are coming
27.You look well. The air and food there _____ agree with you.
A.must                 B. may                  C. can                   D. should
28.The price of buying a house in central Wuhan is much higher than _____ in anyother area of the city.
A.it                      B. one                   C.that                   D. which
29.Bob would have helped us yesterday, but he _____ busy.
A. was                  B. is                      C. had been           D.will be  
30.He _____ goes to the sports ground with us although he dislikes sports.
A.hardly               B. seldom              C. sometimes         D. never
第三部分 完形填空(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)
阅读下面一篇短文, 掌握其大意, 然后从各题所给的四个选项中,选出最佳选项。
Do you have the habit of using adictionary? If you don’t, try and   31   it. This habit is
  32   when you are learning a language. The reasonfor this is simple. When you learn a language, you are actually learning word. Everyword in the language is   33   toyou. So you have to spend a lot of time learning them. Your teacher has littletime to teach you all the words that you   34   to learn, and you have to learn the others byyourselves.
A good dictionary will be ofgreat help to you. You can   35   thespelling, the pronunciation, the meaning and the use of the words you need toknow. At the same time you will learn how to make sentences correctly if youstudy the   36   ofhow the words are used.
Inan adequate vocabulary, you will find it difficult to   37   yourself in speech or in writing. For example,when you are engaged in a conversation, you will be forever searching for
  38  . And when you arewriting, you will have to drop an idea if you do not have the words. In comprehensionwork, you will be   39   ifyou do not know many of the words in the passage.
Your dictionary,   40  ,is your best teacher. It is always with you, and it will never fail you if youlearn how to use it regularly.
31. A. buy                    B. borrow                     C.develop                    D. prepare
32. A. difficult               B. necessary                 C. permanent                D. easy
33. A. special                B. vivid                        C. new                         D.suitable
34. A. come                  B. deserve                    C. need                        D. neglect
35. A. include                B. guess                       C. arrange                    D.learn
36. A. theories               B. books                       C. discussions               D.examples
37. A. see                            B. express                    C. show                       D.respect
38. A. words                 B. people                      C. mistakes                   D. ideas
39. A. mentioned           B. lost                          C. caught                            D.cheated
40. A .therefore             B. meanwhile                C. nevertheless              D.furthermore
第四部分 阅读理解(共5小题,每小题2分,满分10分)
阅读下列短文,从每小题所给的四个选项中,选出一个最佳答案。
That cold Januarynight, I was growing sick ofmy life in San Francisco. There I was walking home at once in the morning aftera tiring practice at the theatre. With opening night only a week ago, I wasstill learning my lines. I was having trouble dealing with my part-job at thebank and my acting at night at the same time. As I walked, I thought seriouslyabout giving up both acting and San Francisco. City life had become too muchfor me.
As I walked down empty streetsunder tall buildings, I felt very small and cold. I began running, both to keepwarm and to keep away from any possible robbers. Very few people were still outexcept a few sad-looking homeless people under blankets.
About a block from my apartment,I heard a sound behind. I turned quickly, half expecting to see someone with aknife or a gun. The street was empty. All I saw was shining streetlight. Still,the noise had made me nervous, so I started to run faster. Not until I reachedmy apartment building and unlocked the door did I realize what the noise hadbeen. I had been my wallet falling to the sidewalk.
Suddenly I wasn’t cold or tiredanymore. I ran out of the door and back to where I’d heard the noise. AlthoughI searched the sidewalk anxiously for fifteen minutes, my wallet was nowhere tobe found.
Just I was about to give up thesearch, I heard the garbage truck pull up to sidewalk next to me. When a voicecalled from the inside, “Alisa Camacho?” I thought I was dreaming. How couldthis man know my name? The door opened, and out jumped a small red-haired manwith an amused look in his eye. “Is this what you’ re looking for?” he asked,holding up a small square shape.
It was nearly 3 am. by the time Igot into bed. I wouldn’t get much sleep that night, but I had gotten my walletback. I also had gotten back some enjoyment of city life. I realized that thecity couldn’t be a bad place as long as people were willing to help each other.
41.How did the writer feel when she was walking home after work?
A. Cold and sick.                                B. Fortunate and helpful.
C. Satisfied and cheerful.                    D. Disappointed and helpless.
42.From the first paragraph, we learn that the writer was busy _____.
A. solving her problem at thebank
B. taking part in various cityactivities
C. learning acting in an eveningschool
D. preparing for the first nightshow
43.On her way home the writer _____.
A. lost her wallet unknowingly
B. was stopped by garbage truckdriver
C. was robbed of her wallet by anarmed man
D. found some homeless peoplefollowing her
44.In the fifth paragraph, why did the writer say she was dreaming?
A. Someone offered to take herback home.
B. A red-haired man came to seeher.
C. She heard someone call out hername.
D. Her wallet wasfound in a garbage truck.
45.From the text, we can infer that the writer _____.
A. would stop working at night
B. would stay on in San Francisco
C. would make friends withcleaners
D. would give up her job at bank
第五部分 阅读填空(共20空,满分15分)
I.阅读填词(共10空,每空1分,满分10分)
仔细阅读下面短文,根据短文内容和每空所给的首字母,用一个适当的词填空,使短文上下语意通顺。
The United States isfull of automobiles. There are families w 46   cars, but some families have two or even more.However, cars are used for more than pleasure. They are a n  47   part of life.
Carsare used for business. They are driven to office and f  48   by workers who have no other way to get totheir jobs. When salesmen are s  49   todifferent parts of the city, they have to drive in order to c  50   their products. Farmers have to drive into thecity in order to
g  51   supplies.
Sometimes small children must bedriven to school. In some cities school buses are used
o  52   when children live more than a mile from theschool. When the children are too young to walk t  53   far, their mothers take turns d  54   them to school. One mother drives on Mondays,taking her own children and the neighbours’ children as well. Another motherdrives on Tuesdays, and so on. This is c 55   forming a car pool.
II.语法填空(共10空,每空0.5分,满分5分)
完整试卷
武汉外国语学校2011年高中招生资格考试英语真题.doc (102.5 KB, 下载次数: 6)
分享到:  QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|网站地图|家长易论坛 ( 鄂ICP备16011226号-1  点我聊天

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 10:03