跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-6-28 16:29:04 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多家长,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转家长易社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
四、阅读理解(本题共30分,每小题2分)
A
Mr Johnson had a son and he loved his son very much, because the boy was his only son. However, the boy was not very cute and often made other people unhappy by some bad words. One day, Mr Johnson was invited (被邀请) to a party. His son wanted to go there, too. But Mr Johnson said, “No, my good friend will have the party in his house. It is for the first birthday of their daughter. There will be a lot of important people to join in the party, and I’m afraid that you may say some bad words.” The son said to his father, “I will not say anything rude (粗鲁的) at the party”. So the father agreed. After they got to the friend’s home, the son did not say anything at the party. Then when the party finished and everyone stood up, he also stood up and said, “You know, everybody, I didn’t say anything today. So if the baby dies this year, it is not my fault.”
56. How many sons did Mr Jackson have?
   A. One                        B. Tow                             C. Three                    D. Four
57. How old is the friend’s daughter?
   A. One year old                                           B. Two years old
C. Three years old                                         D. Only one month old
58. The good friends will have a ______ for the baby girl.
   A. picnic                     B. birthday party       C. meeting                 D. dinner
59. What does “fault” mean in the last sentence?
   A. 话语                      B. 错误                            C. 祝福                    D. 晚会
60. The boy’s words at the party will make others ______.
   A. excited                  B. angry                    C. sad                        D. tired
B
Children in England mustn’t work until they are 13. They need to have a work permit (许可) to start working.
The jobs teenagers(13 and 14 years old)can do
The hours teenagers can work
Delivering (送) newspapers
Many teenagers will get up early to deliver newspapers to houses in their local area before going to school. They are known as Paperboys or Papergirls.
Babysitting
Looking after young children in their home when their parents go out for the evening is a popular job for teenagers, as they get money for watching children and television all at the same time!
Helping the Milkman
From the age of 14 some teenagers help the milkman deliver milk to houses.
Other popular jobs
Working in a shop; Office work; Washing cars; Working in a cafe or restaurant.
Not more than 2 hours in one day during the following periods:
Morning:
7 am- start of school
Evening:
Close of school---7 pm.
Saturdays:
Up to 5 hours between 7 am and 7 pm.
Sundays:
Up to 2 hours between 7 am and 11 am
Term time:
Up to 12 hours a week (Including (包括) weekends)
61. In England how old do children have to be before they can work?
   A. 15                           B. 14                         C. 10                         D. 13
62. What do children in England need to start working?
   A. money                                                      B. a work permit
C. working experience                                  D. time
63. Paperboys and Papergirls deliver newspapers ______.
   A. early in the morning                                 B. at noon
   C. in the afternoon                                        D. in the evening
64. Teenagers in England can do all of the following except(除…以外) ______.
   A. working in an office                                 B. working in a night club
   C. looking after young children                    D. delivering newspapers
65. How many hours a week many teenagers work during the term time?
   A. 10                          B. 14                         C. 17                         D. 20
C
Old John went to see a doctor. The doctor examined and said, “Medicine can’t help you. You must have a good rest. Go to a quiet place for a month, go to bed early, drink some milk, walk a lot and smoke one cigar (雪茄) a day.”
“Thank you very much,” said Old John, “I will do everything you say.”
A month later Old John came to the doctor again. “Well,” said the doctor, “I’m glad to see you. You look much younger.”
“Oh, doctor,” said Old John, “I feel quite well now. I had a good rest. I went to bed early, I drank a lot of milk, and I walked a lot. Your advice certainly helped me. But you asked me to smoke one cigar a day, and one cigar a day nearly killed me at first. It’s no joke to start smoking at my age.”
66. The doctor ______.
   A. asked him to take some medicine             B. asked him not to take any medicine
   C. didn’t say any word about medicine       D. gave him some medicine
67. Old John ______ after a month.
   A. didn’t get well      B. got well                C. was young            D. was old
68. Which one is true?
   A. Old John smoked before.                         B. Old John didn’t smoke before.
   C. Old John didn’t smoke a cigar a day.              D. Old John smoked less than before.
69. When Old John was ill, he looked ______.
   A. young                    B. old                        C. younger                D. older
70. The best title of this passage should be ______.
   A. Old John                                                         B. Old John is ill
   C. The doctor’s advice                                  D. Old John did as the doctor asked him
五、方框选词(本题共10分,每小题2分)
also,  asked,  most,  did,  visited,  watched
Yesterday, we __71__ ten students at No. 3 Middle School what they __72__ last weekend. For __73__ kids, the weekend was fun. On Saturday morning, ten kids did their homework or studied. On Saturday afternoon, five kids went shopping, and three went to the library. Two kids __74__ played computer games. On Saturday evening, seven kids __75__ a movie or stayed at home and watched TV. On Sundays, two kids visited friends, nine kids cleaned their rooms, and five played sports.
分享到:  QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|网站地图|家长易论坛 ( 鄂ICP备16011226号-1  点我聊天

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 07:15