[学习方法] 如何猜测阅读理解题中的生词词义

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-4-11 17:23:05 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多家长,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转家长易社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x

词汇是阅读理解的基础的基础。我们必须掌握教材中所学所有的单词和词组;了解构词法知识,如熟记一些常见的前缀、后缀,以及词语的合成和转化等;并且要进行大量的课外阅读扩大自己的词汇量。要阅读需要一定的词汇量,同时在大量阅读的同时不仅可以复习学过的词汇而且还可扩大自己的词汇量。尽管如此,在阅读中还是不可避免会遇到生词或者熟词生义,在英语阅读理解试题中猜测词义也是必不可少的题目,因此,我们必须学会如何猜测词义。任何一个词语,在一定的上下文中只能表示一个确定的词义。据此,我们可以尽可能地利用上下文来猜测词义,即从已知推求未知,也就是用我们所熟悉的词或短语来猜测我们不熟悉的词的词义。猜测词义时,我们可以从以下几个方面来考虑:

一、根据定义或解释猜测词义

A bag is useful and the word “bag” is useful. It gives us some interesting phrases(短语). One is “ to let the cat out of the bag”. It is the same as “to tell a secret”….

Now when someone lets out (泄漏) a secret, he “lets the cat out of the bag.”

John “lets the cat out of the bag” means he ______.

A. makes everyone know a secret                                 B. the woman bout a cat

C. buys a cat in the bag                                              D. sells the cat in the bag

在这篇文章里,“let the cat out of the bag”虽然是一个新出现的短语,但紧接着后面就给出解释It is the same as “to tell a secret”根据这一解释,我们就可判断出正确答案应为A。

二、根据情景和逻辑进行判断

As they go around town, the police help people. Sometimes they find lost children. They take the children home. If the police see a fight, they put an end to it right away. Sometimes people will ask the police how to get to a place in town. The police can always tell the people which way to go. They know all the streets and roads well.

In the text, “put an end to” means “______”.

A. stop                               B. cut                                 C. kill                                D. fly

根据文章所提供的情景,如果警察看到有人在打架,他们肯定会去制止。因为制止打架斗殴是警察的职责。根据这一推理,答案应该是A。

三、根据并列或同位关系猜测词义

There is a place on our earth where hot water and steam come up under the ground. It is on a large island in the Pacific Ocean. The island is North Island in New Zealand.

What does the word “steam” mean in Chinese?

A. 自来水                          B. 大气                              C. 冰川                              D. 蒸汽

从语法上看,steam和hot water是并列关系,我们就以断定这两种东西是相关的,是同一类物质。在所给第四个选项中只有“蒸汽”有这种可能。

四、根据背景和常识判断

The following morning when I went to see how my captive (caged) bird was doing, I discovered it on the floor of the cage, dead. I was terribly surprised! What had happened! I had taken extremely care of my little bird. Arthur Wayne, the famous ornithologist, who happened to be visiting my father at the time, hearing me crying over the death of my bird, explained what had happened. “A mother mockingbird, finding her young in a cage, will sometimes bring it poison berries(毒莓). She thinks it better for her young to die than to live in captivity.”

An ornithologist is probably a person who ______.

A. studies birds                   B. loves creatures                C. majors in habits             D. takes care of trees

Ornithologist 这个词从来没有见到过,但是通过他的语言我们可以判断出这是一个对鸟很有研究的人。我很爱鸟,把鸟装在笼子里,并细心照料,而且鸟的母亲也飞过来喂这只鸟,但这只鸟却死了,我很不理解。到我家来的这个人给我详细解释了鸟死的原因,说明这个人非常懂鸟。据此,我们可以断定答案影视A。

分享到:  QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖
沙发
发表于 2013-4-12 17:09:42 | 只看该作者
这个方法挺有用!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|网站地图|家长易论坛 ( 鄂ICP备16011226号-1  点我聊天

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 18:09