[综合交流] 乔布斯毕业典礼上的演讲稿(双语版)

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-1-14 08:54:31 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多家长,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转家长易社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
  1976年乔布斯和朋友成立苹果电脑公司,他陪伴了苹果公司数十年的起落与复兴,深刻地改变了现代通讯、娱乐乃至生活的方式。如此talented的一个人物,其实从他的毕业演讲上就已经能看出他对人生、对知识、对未来的思考。下面我们就来读一读史蒂夫·乔布斯的英语毕业演讲稿吧。
  My third story is about death. When I was 17 I read a quote that went something like "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself, "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "no" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important thing I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life, because almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
  我的第三个故事关于死亡。我17岁的时候读到过一句话“如果你把每一天都当作最后一天过,有一天你会发现你是正确的”。这句话给我留下了深刻的印象。从那以后,过去的33年,每天早上我都会对着镜子问自己:“如果今天是我的最后一天,我会不会做我想做的事情呢?”如果连着一段时间,答案都是否定的的话,我就知道我需要改变一些东西了。提醒自己就要死了是我遇见的最大的帮助,帮我作了生命中的大决定。因为几乎任何事——所有的荣耀、骄傲、对难堪和失败的恐惧——在死亡面前都会消隐,留下真正重要的东西。提醒自己就要死亡是我知道的最好的方法,用来避开担心失去某些东西的陷阱。你已经赤裸裸了,没有理由不听从于自己的心愿。
  About a year ago, I was diagnosed with cancer. I had a scan at 7:30 in the morning and it clearly showed a tumor on my pancreas. I didn't even know what a pancreas was. The doctors told me this was almost certainly a type of cancer that is incurable, and that I should expect to live no longer than three to six months. My doctor advised me to go home and get my affairs in order, which is doctors' code for "prepare to die." It means to try and tell your kids everything you thought you'd have the next ten years to tell them, in just a few months. It means to make sure that everything is buttoned up so that it will be as easy as possible for your family. It means to say your goodbyes.
  大约一年前,我被诊断出患了癌症。我早上七点半作了扫描,清楚地显示在我的胰腺有一个肿瘤。我当时都不知道胰腺是什么东西。医生们告诉我这几乎是无法治愈的,我还有三到六个月的时间。我的医生建议我回家,整理一切。在医生的辞典中,这就是“准备死亡”的意思。就是意味着把要对你小孩说十年的话在几个月内说完;意味着把所有东西搞定,尽量让你的家庭活得轻松一点;意味着你要说“永别”了。
  I lived with that diagnosis all day. Later that evening I had a biopsy where they stuck an endoscope down my throat, through my stomach into my intestines, put a needle into my pancreas and got a few cells from the tumor. I was sedated but my wife, who was there, told me that when they viewed the cells under a microscope, the doctor started crying, because it turned out to be a very rare form of pancreatic cancer that is curable with surgery. I had the surgery and, thankfully, I am fine now.
  我整日都想着那诊断书的事情。后来有天晚上我做了一个活切片检查,他们将一个内窥镜伸进我的喉咙,穿过胃,到达肠道,用一根针在我的胰腺肿瘤上取了几个细胞。我当时是被麻醉的,但是我的妻子告诉我,那些医生在显微镜下看到细胞的时候开始尖叫,因为发现这竟然是一种非常罕见的可用手术治愈的胰腺癌症。我做了手术,现在,我痊愈了。
  This was the closest I've been to facing death, and I hope it's the closest I get for a few more decades. Having lived through it, I can now say this to you with a bit more certainty than when death was a useful but purely intellectual concept. No one wants to die, even people who want to go to Heaven don't want to die to get there, and yet, death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It's life's change agent; it clears out the old to make way for the new. right now, the new is you. But someday, not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it's quite true. Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice, and most important, have the courage to follow heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
  这是我最接近死亡的时候,我也希望是我未来几十年里最接近死亡的一次。这次死里逃生让我比以往只知道死亡是一个有用而纯粹书面概念的时候更确信地告诉你们,没有人愿意死,即使那些想上天堂的人们也不愿意通过死亡来达到他们的目的。但是死亡是每个人共同的终点,没有人能够逃脱。也应该如此,因为死亡很可能是生命最好的发明。它去陈让新。现在,你们就是“新”。但是有一天,不用太久,你们有会慢慢变老然后死去。抱歉,这很戏剧性,但却是真的。你们的时间是有限的,不要浪费在重复别人的生活上。不要被教条束缚,那意味着会和别人思考的结果一块儿生活。不要被其他人的喧嚣观点掩盖自己内心真正的声音。你的直觉和内心知道你想要变成什么样子。所有其他东西都是次要的。
  乔布斯在演讲稿的结尾中说,以“Stay hungry, stay foolish”与大家共勉。这位巨星虽然已经陨落,但我们不仅活在由他改变的生活里,今天更是在英文演讲稿中受到他的启迪。
分享到:  QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖
沙发
发表于 2013-1-14 09:46:02 | 只看该作者
乔布斯是神人呢
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-14 09:48:59 | 只看该作者
LookAtMe 发表于 2013-1-14 09:46
乔布斯是神人呢

天才没办法,他走了,现在苹果就不行了
地板
发表于 2013-1-14 09:49:30 | 只看该作者