跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-9-20 17:34:47 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多家长,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转家长易社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
高考英语一轮复习课时知能训练:选修7 Unit 2 Robots
Ⅰ.阅读理解
(2011•广东高考)In the animal kingdom,weekness can bring about aggression in other animals.This sometimes happens with humans also.But I have found that my weakness brings out the kindness in people.I see it every day when people hold doors for me,pour cream into my coffee,or help me to put on my coat.And I have discovered that it makes them happy.
From my wheelchair experience,I see the best in people,but sometimes I feel sad because those who appear independent miss the kindness I see daily.They don't get to see this soft side of others.Often we try every way possible to avoid showing our weakness,which includes a lot of pretending.But only when we stop pretending we're brave or strong do we allow people to show the kindness that's in them.
Last month,when I was driving home on a busy highway,I began to feel unwell and drove more slowly than usual.People behind me began to get impatient and angry,with some speeding up alongside me,horning(按喇叭)or even shouting at me.At that moment,I decided to do something I had never done in twenty-four years of driving.I put on the car flashlights and drove on at a really low speed.
No more angry shouts and no more horns!
When I put on my flashlights,I was saying to the other drivers,“I have a problem here.I am weak and doing the best I can.”And everyone understood.Several times,I saw drivers who wanted to pass.They couldn't get around me because of the stream of passing traffic.But instead of getting impatient and angry,they waited,knowing the driver in front of them was in some way weak.
Sometimes situations call for us to act strong and brave even when we don't feel that way.But those are few and far between.More often,it would be better if we don't pretend we feel strong when we feel weak or pretend that we are brave when we're scared.
【语篇解读】 在动物王国里,弱者会遭到袭击。这样的事情有时发生在人类身上。但是作者从他的坐轮椅和一次开车的经历中却发现:虚弱有时会引起他人的友好行为,人们有时会因为帮助弱者而感到高兴。
1.The author has discovered that people will feel happy when________.
A.they offer their help
B.they receive others' help
C.they feel others' kindness
D.they show their weakness
【解析】 
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
【答案】 
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
2.The author feels sad sometimes because________.
A.he has a soft heart
B.he relies much on others
C.some people pretend to be kind
D.some people fail to see the kindness in others
【解析】 
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
【答案】
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
3.What did the other drivers do when they saw the flashlights?
A.They speeded up to pass.
B.They waited with patience.
C.They tried their best to help.
D.They put on their flashlights too.
【解析】 
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
【答案】 
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
4.In this passage,the author advises us to________.
A.handle problems by ourselves
B.accept help from others
C.admit our weakness
D.show our bravery
【解析】
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
【答案】 
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
5.Which of the following is the BEST title for the passage?
A.A Wheelchair Experience
B.Weakness and Kindness
C.Weakness and Strength
D.A Driving Experience
【解析】 
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
【答案】
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
Ⅱ.信息匹配
(2011•深圳高三第二次调研)
阅读下列应用文及相关信息,并按照要求匹配信息。
首先请阅读下列儿童读物的封面及基本信息:
A
Donald has lost his favorite toy lion and he's desperate to find it before bedtime.Mickey is on the case to help his Clubhouse friend,and with the help of the reader and a few handy Mouse tools,the bedtime mystery is solved.
B
Merry Christmas!Welcome to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.Mickey,Donald,Daisy,Goofy and Pluto.I'll tell two tales that teach valuable lessons about giving help.Join Mickey and Donald to the North Pole to help Santa fix his broken sleigh.
分享到:  QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|网站地图|家长易论坛 ( 鄂ICP备16011226号-1  点我聊天

GMT+8, 2024-6-10 06:38