楼主
发表于 2012-9-20 15:51:25 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多家长,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转家长易社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
本帖最后由 烨晚 于 2012-9-20 16:06 编辑
高考英语一轮复习课时知能训练:选修7 Unit 5 Travelling abroad
Ⅰ.完形填空
(2012•模拟)An English padre(神父) wanted to become a member of a certain club in Africa.In order to become a member,each person had to __1__ at least one lion.The padre had never shot an animal for his life.So,armed with a rifle and led by a young African boy,the padre set out one evening for a pool in the jungle where he was told a lion came each evening to __2__.He waited patiently for a few __3__until shortly before midnight when he heard a rustling(沙沙声) noise.Sure enough a few feet away the head of the lion appeared above a bush that separated the padre and the pool.He aimed and fired.The head of the lion__4__fell behind the bush but a moment later __5__.So the padre aimed and __6__again.The head of the lion fell behind the bush and once more reappeared.The padre fired again: the same __7__.He remained calm because he __8__he had brought sixteen bullets with him.After his fourth try,his aim seemed to become more and more __9__: in fact,after his __10__ try the African boy had to __11__ him:“This is your last chance.If you __12__ this time,we are in trouble.” The padre then realized how __13__the situation was,so he took a deep breath,aimed very carefully and fired.They waited for a moment,and then slowly __14__ up to twenty: the head of the lion did not reappear.The padre was certain that at last he had shot his lion.They __15__ forward together to the spot behind the bush.And what do you think they found? Sixteen lions!
【语篇解读】 一个英国神父想成为非洲某社的成员。但要成为其中一员,必须至少射中一头狮子。因此,神父为了保险起见,随身带了16颗子弹去射击狮子。结果百发百中,一共射中了16头狮子。
1.A.shoot        B.kill
C.catch        D.hurt
【解析】 考查动词词义辨析。句意:为了成为其中的一员,每个人必须至少射中一头狮子。根据本句句意及下文中shoot一词提示可知,应选A项。
【答案】 A
2.A.eat     B.walk
C.drink     D.hunt
【解析】 考查动词词义辨析。狮子到池塘边应该是饮水。eat意为“吃”;walk意为“散步”;hunt意为“狩猎”,均不符合题意。故选C项。
【答案】 C
3.A.minutes      B.seconds
C.days       D.hours
【解析】 考查名词词义辨析。根据“evening”和“midnight”的提示可知,从傍晚到午夜,应该是几小时的时间。故选D项。
【答案】 D
4.A.fast      B.immediately
C.once      D.directly
【解析】 考查副词词义辨析。神父瞄准并射击,如果击中狮子应立刻倒在丛林中。fast意为“快地”;immediately意为“立刻,马上”;once意为“曾经,一次”;directly意为“直接地”。由语境可知,应选B。
【答案】 B
5.A.turned      B.reappeared
C.returned      D.moved
【解析】 考查动词词义辨析。根据下文“The head of the lion fell behind the bush and once more reappeared.”中的reappeared一词提示可知,应选B项。
【答案】 B
6.A.killed      B.jumped
C.fired       D.tied
【解析】 考查动词词义辨析。根据上文“He aimed and fired.”和本句中“again”一词可知,应选C项。
【答案】 C
7.A.result      B.situation
C.answer       D.problem
【解析】 考查名词词义辨析。句意:神父又射击,又是同样的结果。situation意为“形势”;answer意为“答案”;problem意为“问题”,均不符合题意。故选A项。
【答案】 A
8.A.acknowledged    B.understood
C.believed      D.knew
【解析】 考查动词词义辨析。句意:他保持镇定,因为他知道他随身带了16颗子弹。acknowledge意为“承认”;understand意为“理解”;believe意为“相信”,均不符合题意。故选D。
【答案】 D
9.A.inaccurate     B.unnecessary
C.impossible     D.indirect
【解析】 考查形容词词义辨析。句意:他试了四次以后,他瞄地越来越不准确了。根据下文可知,总共有16头狮子,但他以为就一头,所以总认为自己射得不准。inaccurate意为“不准确的”;unnecessary意为“不必要的”;impossible意为“不可能的”;indirect意为“间接的”。由语境可知,选A。
【答案】 A
10.A.last      B.fifteenth
C.sixteenth     D.many
【解析】 考查上下文语境。从上文可知,神父带了16颗子弹。下文小男孩警告这是他最后的机会。说明他已用了15颗子弹。故选B项。
【答案】 B
11.A.tell       B.frighten
C.warn       D.remain
【解析】 考查动词词义辨析。根据上下文语境可知,此处是小男孩警告他这是他最后的机会,故应选C项。
【答案】 C
12.A.fell   B.shot
C.fired   D.missed
【解析】 考查动词词义辨析。句意:如果你这次不击中,我们就麻烦了。fall意为“倒下”;frighten意为“使害怕”;fire意为“射击”;miss意为“未击中”。根据语境可知,应选D项。
【答案】 D
13.A.difficult    B.serious
C.exciting     D.mad
【解析】 考查形容词词义辨析。句意:那时神父也意识到情况是多么的严重。因此,他深呼吸,仔细瞄准射击。difficult意为“困难的”;serious意为“严重的”;exciting意为“令人兴奋的”;mad意为“发疯的”。由语境可知,应选B。
【答案】 B
14.A.counted   B.waited
C.added     D.named
【解析】 考查动词词义辨析。句意:他们等了一会,然后慢慢地数到20,狮子的头没有再出现。根据语境可知,应选A项。
【答案】 A
15.A.drove    B.rushed
C.wandered   D.climbed
【解析】 考查动词词义辨析。drive意为“驾车”;rush意为“冲,奔”;wander意为“徘徊”;climb意为“爬”。根据上下文语境可知,他们急于知道结果。故选B项。
【答案】 B
Ⅱ.语法填空
Night after night,she came to tuck me in,even long after my childhood years.1.________(follow) her longstanding custom,she'd lean down and push my long hair out of the way,then kiss my forehead.
I don't remember 2.________it first started annoying me—her hands pushing my hair that way.Finally,one night,I shouted out at her,“Don't do that anymore—your hands are too rough!” She didn't say 3.________in reply.But never again 4.________my mother close out my day 5.________that familiar expression of her love.
Time after time,with the passing years,my 6.________(think) returned to that night.By then I missed my mother's hands—missed her goodnight kiss on my forehead.
Now those hands I once thought to be so rough were still doing things for me and my family.I frequently recalled the night my young voice complained.One night,catching Mom's hand in hand,I blurted out how sorry I was for that night.I thought she'd remember 7.________did.But Mom didn't know what I 8.________(talk) about.She had forgotten—and forgiven—long ago.
That night,I fell asleep with a new 9.________(appreciate) for my gentle mother and 10.________caring hands.And the guilt that I had carried around for so long was nowhere to be found.
【答案】

游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
分享到:  QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|网站地图|家长易论坛 ( 鄂ICP备16011226号-1  点我聊天

GMT+8, 2024-6-9 20:23