[英语] 英语成语

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-4-8 10:56:52 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多家长,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转家长易社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
Bark up the wrong tree: To choose the wrong person to deal with or the wrong course of action; mistake an aim.
    Example: I asked Jackson to lend me $100 but I found that I barked the wrong tree - Jackson gave all his money to his girlfriend who never wants to help others.
Make a pig of oneself: To overindulge; eat too much
    Example: When I got to the company's Christmas party, I just could not resist the smell of those delicious foods so I decided to make a pig of myself and ate as much as I can.
Gut feeling: An instinctive reaction (直觉)
    Example: When I first met Sandy Lei, I had a gut feeling that we would build a long lasting friendship even though we were so different - one enjoys talking about politics ans social issues and the other only pays attention to family stuff.
Louse up: To throw into confusion; make a mess of; spoil; ruin.(乱成一团,弄砸了,一团糟)
    Example: The sudden snow storm loused up our trip to the mountain top.
    Example: Fred's gambling habit not only destroyed his computer business; but also loused up his ten year old marriage.
Walk on air: To feel happy and excited. (感觉非常开心和激动; 轻飘飘; 开心得有点腾云驾雾的感觉)
    Example: Jade was extremely happy after the final exam that she felt like walking on air because she finally bit Jason, her number one rival in her history class.
Goodness gracious: Exclamation of surprise and a certain degree of disapproval. (一般用来表达你的震惊; 通常含有不赞同的成分)
    Example: When John learned that Peter broke up with his girlfriend, he yelled out, "Goodness gracious. How in the world could that happen?". He was shocked because Peter just told him a couple days ago that he would be marrying his long time girlfriend in the Summer.
Think aloud or think out loud: To say what you are thinking. (把你的想法说出来)
    Example: Every one was working quietly in the office one afternoon; but suddenly Jennifer said loudly, "I wish I would win the lottery tomorrow.". Every one turned around and looked at her; Jennifer seemed embarrassed and said, "I am sorry. I am just thinking out loud.".
Lead a dog's life: To live a hard life, work hard, and be treated unkindly. (勤劳地工作但却过着不平等和困难的生活)
    Example: Eric's parents led a dog's life as house keepers for a white family in the United States in the early 1900s when Chinese Americans were discriminated against; but they saved every penny and managed to send Eric all the way to college because they knew that getting good education was the only way to change their social status.
In the same boat: In the same trouble; in the same fix; in the same bad situation.(处于同样的困境中;遇到同样的困难)
    Example: Zhang Wen and Wu Tian are in the same boat after the huge 汶川 earthquake because they both lost their families and houses.
Make something of: 1. To make (something) seem important. (小题大作); 2. To start a fight over; use as an excuse to start a quarrel. (借题发难)
    Example: Mary never likes Jamie. So when she saw Jamie walking home with a male classmate, she decided to make something of this incident in order to make Jamie looks bad at school.
Little frog in a big pond or small frog in a big pond: An unimportant person in a large group or an organization.(用来比喻一个在大公司里工作的无足轻重的小人物。)
    Example: Daniel's father has been working as a security guard in a big company for thirty years, just a little frog in a big pond among the 30,000 employees.
分享到:  QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖
沙发
发表于 2012-4-9 13:51:14 | 只看该作者
真是汗啊  我的家财好少啊  加油  
板凳
发表于 2012-4-9 13:51:14 | 只看该作者
必须顶  
地板
发表于 2012-4-9 16:07:03 | 只看该作者
顶下再看  
发表于 2012-4-9 16:07:03 | 只看该作者